We had a chance to do a quick comparison of some reflectors for SMDV BRiHT-360 and grids. Here's what we saw.
- BR-120 Standard Reflector (This is the reflector that is included with BRiHT-360.)
- BR-170 Tele Reflector (Optional purchase.)
- BR-40 Snoot
- 10, 20, 40, and 60 degree grids for BR-170.
- BRiHT-360 placed 8 ft. away from the white background.
- White background width is 9 ft.
- I believe the BRiHt-360 power setting was at 1/64.
First, thing we noticed is that BR-170 concentrates light so that the brightness at the center is about twice as bright. Light meter reading with BR-120 was f/2.8 and with BR-170 was f/4.0.
Here are the pictures.
1. BR-120 standard reflector.
2. BR-170 tele reflector without a grid
3. BR-170 + 60 Deg. Grid
4. BR-170 + 40 Deg. Grid
5. BR-170 + 20 Deg. Grid
6. BR-170 + 10 Deg. Grid
7. BR-40 Snoot (Snoot has a grid). We tried this just to see how it compares. Light spread appears to be about the same as BR-170 with 20 deg. grid, but at about half the efficiency.